Saturday 16 October 2010

Manifesto project

This years first brief was to write a manifesto about yourself as a creative, and to create some images to go with it. One of the points in my manifesto was to always be on the look out for materials that I can include in my work, either bought or found. Gathering found material is a very important aspect of my working process, and I feel that the more found material I use in my work, the more unique it will be. Anyone can buy the same piece of card from a craft shop, but found things such as a piece of your grandmothers curtain won't be found in many other peoples work. Found material has 'soul', it is often stained and worn; marked by the life it has lived. Using found material in my work is also good for the environment. I am recycling discarded material and giving it a new life. On their own these bits and pieces are worthless, but by putting them together I feel like I am giving them renewed value and beauty.



1 comment:

  1. Wow, så fine bilder! Føle du bare blir flinkere og flinkere!
    - Charlotte

    ReplyDelete